Hi Gracious Threads readers! I am Sara from Made by Sara and I love to sew. I sew mainly for my three kids (boy 8, girl 6 and girl almost 4) but I also sew for myself.
When Jessica from invited a few bloggers for a virtual baby shower I immediately said yes because sadly I didn’t sewn when my kids were babies… So, now I always jump to every chance I have to sew cute and lovely baby items.
Today it’s my turn here for the Virtual Baby Shower and I am going to share with you a quick and easy tutorial on how to make these super simple pacifier clips. All of my kids loved their pacifiers (they used them until they were about 2 years-old, then we were able to take them away) and I found it really helpful to use pacifier clips along with them, specially when we were out of home, so they wouldn’t be falling to the floor all the time…
This is what you will need:
- Clips (you can search for mitten clips or suspender clips)
- Ribbon (grosgrain is better)
- Plastic snaps (plus snap pliers)
- Coordinating thread, scissors and sewing machine
Let’s make it!
First, we will take care of one of the edges – the clip edge.
1. Cut a ribbon piece of 15” and pass it through the clip. Fold the edge by 3/8”.
2. Fold again by 1”.
3. Machine stitch at 1/4” from the edge.
Now, we will be taking care of the other edge.
4. Fold the edge by 1/2”.
5. Using the snap pliers attach one snap.
6. Attach the other snap at about 3” away from the first one.
Note: If you don’t have these kind of snaps you can use hand sewn metal snaps or even hoop & loop tape (aka Velcro).
You’re done! It is really quick, right?
I hope you find this useful!
If you have any doubts please feel free to contact me. I will be more than happy to chat with you!
Thanks for having me, Jessica!