The Starfish Shorts were one of my first patterns, and I still love the way they fit and look. However, my drafting and computer graphics skills have come a long way since then and I wanted to give this pattern an update.
The Starfish Shorts feature:
– slim fit with lower, modern rise
– a flat front that flatters most figures with a functional drawstring
– elastic back for flexible fitting and easy up/down
– just above the knee, burmuda length, perfect for school and for play
– fun and practical cargo style pockets with a decorative button
Improvements to the original pattern include:
– adding layers so that you can just print the sizes you want
– changing the back waist facing from two pieces to one for less bulk
– adding sizes 10-12
– clearer and more detailed instructions with an easier to read layout
The good news is that I’m offering this updated pattern for FREE to anyone who has already purchased it. Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of purchase and I’ll send you your new copy right away.
If you haven’t had a chance to try out the Starfish Shorts yet, I am offering it for $5.50 (almost 30% off!) for this week only, until April 29. No coupon necessary; discount is already taken in my Etsy shop.